The Word of Grace Devotion for the Week of November 23, 2015
Psalm 9:1- “I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.”
Beloved, I want to thank you for praying for Sheila and I while we were on outreach in Russia/Abkhazia. Your prayers sustained us through the long travel and kept us safe. We had no travel issues and our outreach was a blessed time of encouraging one another. Please continue to pray for the Shepherds and Kvachenkos- our missionaries in Russia/Abkhazia.
Beloved, as celebrate Thanksgiving this coming Thursday, I am reminded of the many blessings, which lead us to maintain a grateful and thankful heart. Each year I like to remember at least ten things/people in which I can give thanks.
(1) I am thankful for my salvation and my Savior, Jesus Christ.
(2) I am thankful for my wife and family.
(3) I am thankful for you as Ephesians 1:16 says, “I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.”
(4) I am thankful that my Dad went to be home with the Lord this year as 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says, “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
(5) I am thankful for the numerous brothers/sisters in Christ I have throughout the world such as those in Russia/Abkhazia/Mexico.
(6) I am thankful that I can get up each morning and praise the Lord! Thank you Jesus!
(7) I am thankful for the food that I eat, the bed that I sleep in and God’s continual provision for my life.
(8) I am thankful and amazed that the Lord continues to use me in spite of me!
(9) I am thankful that I can participate in Cross fit tonight and the Turkey Bowl on Thursday as 2 Corinthians 4:16 says, “So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.”
(10) I am thankful that one day I will be in the presence of the Lord! Thank you Jesus!
Beloved, what are you thankful for?
I pray that you will have a blessed Thanksgiving! I love you and I will be praying for you!